Monday, September 19, 2022

Am I Obligated To The Almighty Creator For Creating Me?

By Rashid Samnakay, New Age Islam 19 September 2022 I am here because I was created by the Almighty Creator of the Universe. The Creator, whose existence I cannot deny. I, as His creation, had NO say in this process of creation of me nor of any of the other things in His Creation, the Universe. Even my own body system and functions are victim of vagaries of Almighty's creation in the form of diseases and germs that make my life miserable, which are not under my control except as a challenge to eliminate them. So why am I expected to be obliged to The Creator who created me and the Universe at large, based on His own agenda and purposes? This question has been in my subconscious ever since I became aware of myself.... as they say --I am because I am, realisation. It is important to question because I am allowed to and "ponder" and because this age-old quest for the answer to the question forms the major part of mine, and all Religions in which WE are constantly reminded to THANK the Creator for having given us the wherewithal, not only to survive till death, but also to progress. “Which Gifts of your Creator will you then deny?" the scripture says. But why am I to be OBLIGED to Almighty for providing the provisions for the Universe that He has created and is mighty proud of it! These are taboo questions that Religions have always warned us not to ask, or else...! Is not all that provision also part of His design, creation and strategy, for which I, as His Creation had no say what so ever! Why do I have to "worship" Him for fulfilling His own obligations to sustain it.....His Creation? If He chooses to withhold these "Gifts" so to say, that sustains every thing in His universe, the Universe collapses. Do I have any say in that process? Should I care or even be obliged to plead for His mercy to stop the collapse and the extinction of my own existence? For example, when I plant a fruit tree; the tree has no say in it, I am obliged to look after it. Protect it, fertilise and water it. It is I who is obliged to do all that for I planted it in order to reap the benefits of getting its fruit to eat. When the time comes, I chop it down. Is there any reason that the tree should be obliged to me for looking after it? Should not I, instead of the tree be obliged to thank the tree for its gifts to me? Is it not unfair or even illogical to "shift the burden" on me for what the Almighty should be responsible for. Is He not assumed/self-sufficient to carry His own burden of responsibilities? Nobody can carry the burden of another, His scripture says. The unimaginable harm that mankind does to mankind on daily basis, the Creator must be aware of. Is He not "witness to everything, obvious or hidden?" Why does He allow this to happen? Why the hundreds of fiery volcanoes that errupt killing hundreds of thousands of mainly poor people in His world? Why the floods, landslides, earth quacks and tsunamis that wreak havocs in His name caused by the Climate Change? Why is His regime of His universe so fragile that His Creation, the Mankind can change it? Cannot He stop the mere polluters from polluting His fragile Creation before it is too late? To say the least, why did He not give His Creation the Mankind.....The best of the Creation ....the wisdom to know, the knowledge of consequences of its action. What was the point of sending hundreds of thousands of wise Messengers...Abraham, Buddha, Confucius et al if they were not taught the knowledge to pass on to mankind to stop Climate Change! Oh, the destructions from all the above is based on Science, and they, the Messengers were NOT scientists. Then, why were they not? Oh yes, it comes to Responsibility! "Oh Almighty make increase in my KNOWLEDGE!" you say! There we go again, "Shift" the Responsibilities on to me for not knowing how to avoid these calamities that are called Natural phenomenon. There is hardly any country today that is immune from them! Almighty Creator, do you wish to chop down now the tree you had planted long time ago? ---- A regular contributor to New Age Islam, Rashid Samnakay is an Indian-origin Engineer (Retd.) based in Australia for over forty years. URL: https://newageislam.com/spiritual-meditations/obligated-almighty-creator-/d/127975 New Age Islam, Islam Online, Islamic Website, African Muslim News, Arab World News, South Asia News, Indian Muslim News, World Muslim News, Women in Islam, Islamic Feminism, Arab Women, Women In Arab, Islamophobia in America, Muslim Women in West, Islam Women and Feminism

No comments:

Post a Comment