Wednesday, December 29, 2021

How Many Veils Must Be lifted; till I am embraced by You, The Veiled One!

By Aadil Farook, New Age Islam 25 December 2021 How many veils must be lifted till your glimpse is gifted How much pride must be sacrificed till your grandeur is recognized How much tribulation must be undergone till a purified self is born How many desires must be forsaken till I let my soul awaken How much heartbreak must be felt till I allow my ego to melt How many wishes must be blown away till my only wish is your say How many tears must be shed till my spirit is truly fed How much knowledge must be unlearned till your gnosis is to be earned How many books must be burned till your message is fully learned How many reasons must bear negation till your love is granted affirmation How many temptations must be fought till the distance between us is naught How many wines must be untasted till your vision turns me intoxicated How many petals of 'I' must wither till I am able to pluck your flower How many colors of me must fade till your rainbow is displayed How many songs must be unheard till by your melody, I am stirred How many peers must abandon me till I am granted your proximity How much jealousy must harm me till I rely on only your sincerity How many fears must be conquered till your path is wholly travelled How much self must be lost till this journey is crossed How many wars with myself I must win till your disclosure will finally begin How many words must be written till silence becomes my expression How many people must be forgiven till I make my days enliven How many memories must I erase till my nights are for your praise How many whys must be understood till I experience what is selfhood How many hows must be explored till your divine wisdom is poured How many theories must be rejected till your concept is perfected How much of philosophy must I replace till your discourse rules my time-space How much Science must be unendorsed till the power of faith is the greatest force How many illusions must be denied till the devil's tricks are defied How many steps must I walk till your exaltation is my talk How many delusions must be addressed till with your revelation, I am blessed How much should I strive for bliss till prostration is like a bride's kiss How much repentance must accompany sin till I witness a revolution within How much from vanity I must flee till you acknowledge my humility How much caprice must be suppressed till you say, "I am highly impressed" How much inner purity should I seek till feminine beauty can't make me weak How much worldly glitter must I shun till your rays are emitted from the sun How much should I serve your creation till I fulfill the definition of a human How much should I revere your glorious name till the key to your treasures, I can claim How much remembrance do I owe your beloved till I'm mentioned in the prayers of the prophet How much self-worship must be undone till I'm embraced by you, the Veiled One! (Photo courtesy: Jesus@ 2AM, for Representative purpose only) ----- Aadil Farook, Winner/Nominee of 2 International Awards (US & UK), is a Lahore-based blogger. URL: https://www.newageislam.com/spiritual-meditations/veil-embrace-veiled-self-worship/d/126030 New Age Islam, Islam Online, Islamic Website, African Muslim News, Arab World News, South Asia News, Indian Muslim News, World Muslim News, Women in Islam, Islamic Feminism, Arab Women, Women In Arab, Islamophobia in America, Muslim Women in West, Islam Women and Feminism

No comments:

Post a Comment