Friday, June 22, 2012

An Open Letter to My Lord, the Chief Justice of Pakistan, The War within Islam, NewAgeIslam.com

The War within Islam
An Open Letter to My Lord, the Chief Justice of Pakistan
By Yasser Latif Hamdani
June 18, 2012

My Lord’s legacy is secure in the succession plan that will follow. What is more, this nation needs My Lord to play a role in active politics!

My Lord,

I write to your Lordship as a lawyer who participated in a meagre capacity in the Lawyers’ Movement. We stood up then for the Supreme Court of Pakistan because in your Lordship we found a chief justice who was willing to say ‘no’ to the demands of a military dictator. When history is recorded, your Lordship will be credited as being responsible for initiating and executing the end game for Pakistan’s last military dictator and for laying the foundation of sustainable constitutional civilian rule in Pakistan. Therefore, your Lordship’s place in history is assured and unshakeable.

It is therefore now that I, in my humble capacity as a mere practitioner of law in the High Courts of our Republic, pen this letter to your Lordship to address my concerns at the recent events, which threaten to shake the very foundation of the revolution the great Lawyers’ Movement brought about in the history of this country. The adage “Caesar’s wife should be above suspicion” is most appropriate for us to ponder over. My Lord will no doubt realise that there are two opinions in this country regarding the matter. The first opinion is that there is a grave conspiracy brewing against the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the second opinion is one that is unfavourable to your Lordship’s position and reputation. I do not wish to go into the controversy of which opinion is the majority opinion in the country. However, what is clear is that the existence of these two opinions is itself indicative of the fact that the powers that be have now manipulated the situation to an extent that your Lordship’s good name has been brought into controversy and as the saying goes, Caesar’s wife is no longer above suspicion.

http://newageislam.com/the-war-within-islam/yasser-latif-hamdani/an-open-letter-to-my-lord,-the-chief-justice-of-pakistan/d/7679


No comments:

Post a Comment